ASHFORD HCA 421 Week 3 Assignment Future Direction of Health Care
Future Direction of Health Care. In a three- to five-page paper (excluding the title and reference page):
1) Describe a minimum of five challenges from the list below that are defining the future strategic direction of health care.
§ Proposed health care reform and legislation
§ Information technology advancements including the electronic medical, or health, record (EMR/EHR)
§ Accreditation, quality of healthcare, and organizational compliance
§ Economics, including third party payers, future funding, rising costs, the Medicare and Medicaid programs
§ Access to health care including the uninsured and those in the poverty levels
§ Public entities in controlling the demand aspects of health service
§ Market shares and advancing age of population
§ Maintaining a skilled workforce
§ Pay for Performance
2) Describe how an organization can adapt its direction and strategies accordingly.
Incorporate and cite a minimum of two industry related sources into your paper, with at least one from ProQuest. You must follow APA guidelines.
ASHFORD HCA 311 Week 3 Assignment Business Plan Topic
Business Plan Topic. A business plan is a document, typically prepared in order to obtain funding and/or financing. For your Final Paper in Week 5, you will assume the role of an entrepreneur and create a business plan to present to an investment company, seeking funding/financing for a type of health care business. In the scenario you choose, you may already own a company you are looking to expand, or you may focus on a start-up company.
Types of healthcare business you could select include: a hospital or clinic, dental equipment distributor, a healthcare training provider, a pharmaceutical biotech research firm, or a company offering hospice in-home workers. You may also select a similar company that is not listed.
For this assignment, answer the questions listed in Chapter 24, Exhibit 24-2 “Basic Information for the Service or Equipment Description” as they pertain to your selected business. These answers will help you as you begin to develop your business plan.
ASHFORD HCA 430 Week 3 DQ 1 Continuum of Care
Continuum of Care. Luday (2003) contends that effective healthcare programs provide assistance across the continuum of care and address a person’s physical, psychological, and social capacity.
Identify a program that exists in your community that provides care to one of the following vulnerable populations:
§ High-risk mothers and infants
§ Chronically ill and disabled
§ Persons living with HIV/AIDS
§ Mentally Ill and Disabled
§ Alcohol or Substance Abusers
§ Suicide or Homicide Prone
§ Abusing Families
§ Homeless Persons
§ Immigrants and Refugees
Describe the program and answer the following questions: What are the strengths of the program?
What are the potential weaknesses of the program? Does the program provide a comprehensive approach by addressing the physical, psychological and social capacity of the person? Your initial post should be 250-300 words and utilize a minimum of one scholarly source, cited in APA format. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
ASHFORD HCA 430 Week 5 Research Paper
Focus of the Research Paper
In Week Five, students will submit an eight- to ten- page research paper containing a minimum of five academic reference sources written within the last three years. The research paper will include the following:
Identify a vulnerable population within your community and:
1. Utilizing data obtained from the county or state health department, or other government agency, provide some statistical information about your selected population (e.g. size, dollar figures, geographics, age breakdown, length of service provision, etc.)
2. Identify and describe a service or outcome goal for your selected population (i.e. what health care service would you like to provide or access/usage pattern established by your selected population?). Make sure it is measurable:
§ Measureable example: 30% of the X population living within the city limits will obtain Y screening.
§ Not Measureable example: More people will receive health screenings.
3. Design a model program to reach the goal you have established that includes identifying a minimum of two community agencies/organizations that will partner together in some way(s) in order to obtain the goal.
4. Provide a generalized cost estimate of healthcare dollars saved by your program.
5. Based on your research, identify a minimum of two potential funding sources that may potentially provide monetary sponsorship. Explain why these two entities would be likely funding sources.